Acacia Center for Justice (“Acacia,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) respects and is committed to protecting the privacy of users of our website(s), applications, job postings, and other online and electronic services (“Online Services”).
What Personal Information is Collected
Personal information is information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information does not include information that has been anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you.
We may collect different kinds of personal information from or about you:
- Information you provide: We may collect the personal information you provide – such as your name, address, and email address – when you use our website, apply for employment, or otherwise interact with us through our Online Services.
- Donations: If you make a donation, we collect personal information in connection with the donation. This information includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, and billing and contact details, required to process your donation with our payment processor(s).
- Information about use of our website: When you visit our website we may collect information about your use of our website, which may include information about your device’s unique identifier, the IP address of your device, usage information, diagnostic information, location information, or browsing information, from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you install or access our products or services. We may gather some of this information automatically.
- Information from third parties: We use third parties, including analytics providers, hosting providers, and search information providers from whom we may also receive information as described below.
Acacia may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Online Services, and for statistical metrics used to track website visitor traffic.
Acacia uses cookie messages, including those obtained by third-party plug-ins through our website, to automatically help provide better services. They remind us of who you are and your preferences for our website based on what you’ve done and told us before.
How Your Information May Be Used
Acacia uses the information we collect through our Online Services to provide, improve, and develop our Online Services and programs, to communicate with you, to provide us and our website visitors, and to complete transactions you request or initiate. We collect, process, and use your information for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you: We use your information to process and respond to your requests when you contact us; to communicate with you about donations, subscriptions, events and issues, or employment applications; and to inform you about our policies and terms. If you wish to unsubscribe, you can do so at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included in each such communication.
- Providing, improving, and developing our website, programs, and services: We use personal information to help us provide, improve, and develop our website, programs, and services.
- Promoting safety and security: We may use personal information to help verify payment transactions, as well as promote safety and security, such as by monitoring fraud and investigating suspicious or potentially illegal activity or violations of our terms or policies.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Acacia may make certain personal information available to trusted partners who work with or on behalf of Acacia to help communicate about our work, upcoming events, and/or collaborations between us and other organizations. Acacia will only share personal information with these parties in order to provide or improve our services; it will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your prior express consent. We may share personal information with companies that provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting, email services, donation management, payment processing, and other services that assist our operations. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
Legal Compliance and Security
We may also share personal information for purposes of legal compliance and security. Acacia will disclose information as required by law or as the result of legal processes, litigation, or requests from public or governmental authorities. We may also disclose personal information if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our rights, pursue available remedies, enforce our terms and conditions, or protect our operations.